Much like Pokémon, Crema’s creature-catching MMORPG Temtem includes a mechanic for bringing new monsters into its game world. Breeding has a number of specific benefits, such as ensuring a given species has the highest possible stat values.
However, the process of creating these battle-ready Temtem is relatively complex and can take a bit of time. Here’s a rundown of everything Tamers need to keep in mind when it comes to breeding in Temtem.
How breeding works in Temtem
Alpha 0.2.5 is here!
🌿 FreeTem Initiative
📚 Quest Tracker
— Temtem 📢 AVAILABLE NOW! (@PlayTemtem) July 25, 2019
Temtem does not have egg groups like Pokémon. Instead, a male Temtem is eligible to mate with any female Temtem that shares a type with him. The only exception is this game’s equivalent of Ditto, the digital-type Mimit. Mimit is compatible with all other Temtem, though the offspring is always the other species, meaning it’s impossible to produce a Mimit egg.
To start the breeding process, tamers must pay 50 Pansun to drop off a pair of Temtem at Superior Omnesia’s Breeding Center. Players can deposit up to two pairs at a time. If both Temtem are in the same evolutionary line, it will take them five minutes to spawn. Otherwise, the process takes 10 minutes.
Then the player must receive an egg which they must keep in their group to hatch. Unlike Pokémon, the hatching process is not tied to the number of steps taken by a player. Instead, it takes an egg between five and 45 minutes to hatch, depending on the catch rate of the species in the egg. Tamers can also speed up the hatching process by equipping the Incubator.
Temtem are not able to reproduce indefinitely. Instead, each Temtem has a fertility stat between zero and eight. Each time a Temtem spawns, its fertility decreases by one. Once its fertility reaches zero, it is no longer able to reproduce.
All wild-caught Temtem have a fertility stat between four and eight, depending on how many stats they have in 49 or 50 unique values. Having more high SV stats corresponds to lower fertility. As a result, a stronger Temtem generally cannot spawn as many times as a weaker Temtem.
New @PlayTemtem trailer time!
✨ Take a look at some ultra rare Luma Temtem
👊👊 Learn more about synergies and 2v2 battles
🐣 Find out how to build the best Temtem team through breeding
🤫 Catch a little tease at some endgame content pic.twitter.com/EqhkINDtjA
— Humble Bundle (@humble) January 16, 2020
When two Temtem produce an egg, the offspring will always be the unevolved form of the mother. The only exception is if a Mimit mates with a male Temtem, in which case the offspring will be of the same species as its father. The offspring will have the same fertility stat as its less fertile parent after producing the egg.
In general, a baby Temtem’s SVs are inherited from its parents. For each stat, there is a 40% chance that it will inherit the highest SV number from both parents, a 40% chance that it will inherit the average SV of its parents, and a 20% chance that it will inherits the lowest SV number from both parents. two parents.
However, by having one of the parents hold a DNA strand purchased from the breeding center, the player can guarantee that the offspring will inherit the SV number in a certain stat from that parent. There’s even a DNA strand that allows offspring to inherit their parent’s trait slot, which can be useful for hatching Temtem with secondary traits.
Many Temtem also have egg techniques that they can acquire through breeding. These are techniques they can only learn if they inherit them from a parent who knows the moves. Finally, the offspring is more likely to be Luma if it has a Luma parent. There is a 1 in 750 chance of a Luma parent producing a Luma offspring and a 1 in 75 chance of two Luma parents producing a Luma offspring.